Latest activities and achievements of HVPM
at national and international level
- The Degree College of Physical Education of HVPM is ranked
at 36 in the country out of all India higher- education institutions
assessed by "National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) formed
by Ministry of HRD New Delhi. The college stands at third place
- HVPM has received accreditation of UNESCO as Advisor NGO to
Intergovernmental Committee formed for safeguarding and promoting
traditional sports & games. During the year 2016-17 representative
of the institution was invited to participate in the meetings
of this Committee held at following places;
- Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) 28 Nov.to 02 December 2016. In the
said meeting Yoga of India was unanimously enlisted under
"Intangible Cultural Heritage" (ICH) by UNESCO Committee.
- UNESCO had another meeting at Chengdu in China on 11-13
June 2017. Our representative participated in the important
discussion of evolving a broad based policy of ICH guide line
for recognition of good practices and traditions under ICH
- Recently the meeting of UNESCO Committee was held at Paris
on 6-7 July 2017 at UNESCO HQfocusing on TSG and their safeguarding
&promotion.Our representative participated in the said meeting.
A few Sub Committees are formed for:
- Elaboration of Policy Guidelines on TSG.
- Establishment of an International Platform on TSG.
- Development of an Online Worldwide Encyclopedia on TSG
We have received honor as members to work on these Sub-Committees
- The National Institute of Sports Sciences(NISS) Sri Lanka Colombo
has invited two experts
of HVPM to organize three weeks coaching camp in Yoga at their
place in next month
(August 10- 25,2017).
- Dr.A.N.Khodaskar yoga expert had recently participated in International
Physical Education &Sports Sciences held at Mekelle University
Africa. A special session on Yoga was organized by him during
- Two Professors from Poland University in Warsaw are coming to
HVPM for three months
stay as visiting faculty to deliver lectures on subjects like
Exercise Physiology, Sports
Physiotherapy and imparting special coaching in Weight Lifting
other sports.(August 1st to October last).
We have busy schedule ahead...
- NAPES will have general meeting in September 2017 last week.
.Dates will ne declared shortly after
Consulting our President.